EVENT DATE: TUESDAY AUGUST 14, 2018
TO REGISTER AS A PARTICIPANT - CLICK HERE
NOTE - To be included in our invitation, that is mailed to 5,000 of our constituents, you MUST REGISTER by Friday May 25th.
STATION SET UP: 3:00- 5:00 PM
STATIONS OPEN AT: 6:00 PM
STATIONS CLOSE AT: 9:00 PM
**The 2 tickets provided are for you to give away to others to attend as guests. The chefs and other folks working your stations will NOT need a ticket.
- There will be volunteers on hand to help you get to your station quickly and easily. Push carts will be made available for unloading and transporting supplies to your station. We suggest bringing your own cart if you have one.
- The Nestor Hall entrance area will be open to Chefs until 5:00 PM. At 5:00 PM all vehicles must be moved as our guests will be entering through this area. CLICK HERE FOR MAP.
- After 5:00 p.m. please enter behind Eibling Hall.
- NOTE: For the safety of our guests, if you need to load out before 9 pm, please do not use the main entrance. Loading is available behind Eibling Hall.
- Parking is available in any of the lots and after unloading, volunteers will direct you to a parking lot.
- You may begin to set-up your station any time after 3:00 p.m. If you require an earlier set up, no problem just contact Jesse at 614-287-5101.
- Each station is located in a ZONE (which is marked by color) and your Zone Coordinator will help get you everything you may need and provide direction.
- Station Components:
2 front tables (5’ X 30”) covered with plastic tops and skirting. We strongly encourage you to provide your own banquet cloths and decorate your station as we will not be providing cloth tablecloths.
2 back tables (6’ X 18”) covered with plastic tops and skirting.
- Station signage displaying the event logo and the name of your establishment will be provided.
- Feel free to promote yourself. You may decorate your service tables appropriate to the event; items may include flowers, menus, coupons, recipes, etc. Due to fire safety standards, lit candles will not be permitted.
- Your station will open at 6pm.
- Disposable napkins, plates, spoons, and forks will be provided.
- Ice will also be available via a Capital City Ice trailer. Help yourself.
- Sanitizer towels and buckets will be provided for your use.
- Gloves and stem thermometers will be available if needed. Ask your zone coordinator.
- 3 compartment set-up will be available in Eibling Hall (ground floor) for cleaning utensils if needed, as well as heating ovens.
- If you have any other supply needs, or need additional plates, napkins, or forks; your zone volunteers can help get you what you need. Volunteers will be wearing name tags and aprons- do not hesitate to ask them for help.
- NEED ELECTRIC? Most electricity needs can be met. We must be notified by August 2nd. Please be sure to note electric needs when submitting your menu. *NEW - please email firstname.lastname@example.org a photo of electricity requirements for the equipment you plan to bring (usually on the bottom or back of equipment - i.e. 120V AC).
F-2 Liquor Permit
The Foundation does procure an F-2 permit for this event. Please note that a F-2 Liquor permit prohibits carrying in any alcoholic beverages for consumption. Water, Pepsi products, beer and wine will be available to guests. All applicable liquor laws will be followed.
- Food Service begins at 6:00pm. Try not to serve prior to 6:00 p.m. Chef Stations will not be roped off. Guests will be roaming around watching you prepare.
- It is recommended that you prepare 700-900 taste servings (teaspoon size to 2 oz serving). The event hosts over 1,200 guests. With over 50 establishments participating, remember you will not have to serve all guests.
- There are no restrictions on the type of cuisine you choose to prepare. It may be a customer favorite, new menu offering or an entirely new creation. It may also be helpful to see what others are preparing, go online at to check it out.
- Submit your menu here.
- Look for your menu and listing on our website.
- Follow us so you can monitor your social media shout outs, Follow us on facebook and @TasteCSCC on twitter. Event hashtag is: #tastethefuture2017
- This event is held rain or shine. And will be held on the main campus.
- The website is updated the day of the event if a rain plan is needed and an email will be sent out to participants.
Contact 614-287-5101 or via email at email@example.com
To submit your menu, click here.